Friday, December 23, 2011

FO Friday #3

Today, I don't have a new FO but, thought I would share an old one.




These stockings I made years ago, probably five, when my youngest was a toddler. They're crocheted in the round and I stitched our names on them. The pattern was out of a magazine that I can no longer recall. Husband's is the blue one on the bottom, mine is the orange/purple, Daughter's is the pink camo, and Son's is the one on top. The yarn that I used for his is vintage. I found it in the bottom of a bin in our local charity shop.

As always hop on over to Tami's Amis for more wonderful FO's.

Hope your Christmas is merry!

10 comments:

  1. Love the stockings! Great keepsakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope you come across the pattern again and share! I have the set of Mary Maxim's knit stockings, and am rather reluctant to start one, given my history with knitted items. I would love to see a crocheted pattern.
    They look beautiful- your family is very lucky!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MWitch3,just went through my magazines and I can't find the exact one that I used. But, I did find two others that are also crochet: Woman's Day Specials Quick & Easy Knitting & Crocheting issue Vol. XIV, Number 3, 2004, on page 58, and pattern on page 93. Also, Crochet, Vol. 20, Number 6, November 2007,page 68. I hope this helps you out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mami Dearest, thanks. I enjoyed making them and I like that our stockings match but are also individual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stockings. On my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are awesome. I love all the colors. Very nice the way you added the names. Do you have a pattern you can share? I might have to put those on my list for next year?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great stockings! It's so great to see the things you've made year after year being used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandy, MWitch3 asked the same and this is what I posted for her; just went through my magazines and I can't find the exact one that I used. But, I did find two others that are also crochet: Woman's Day Specials Quick & Easy Knitting & Crocheting issue Vol. XIV, Number 3, 2004, on page 58, and pattern on page 93. Also, Crochet, Vol. 20, Number 6, November 2007,page 68. The names were my own addition. I hope this helps you out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Secret Sheep,Marie/Underground Crafter, and stitchin' girl thanks. Every time I hang them they bring a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete