Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wednesday Blog Along #14

Y'all, I was a really good girl and finished a project. ~gasp~ I know! So, for my reward lookie what I got to cast on.


Right now the Helix socks are shiny and new. And I love them and want to work on them so much. Wonder how long this infatuation will last?

Oh! Oh! I love, LOVE my new circular knitting needles from Knitter's Pride. They are fabulous!

Yesterday, I went to the Green Valley Book Fair (if you're a great book lover, this is the place you'll want to go) and bought Free Range Knitter: The Yarn Harlot Writes Again by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. Started reading it immediately and am enjoying it. Oh, and I finished Ghost Story by Jim Butcher. Excellent book! And I couldn't believe the twist it has. I'm already itching for the next one; I'm anxious to see were Dresden is going to go from here.

Now, I am reading Born of Silence by Sherrilyn Kenyon and working on a new design.


Hop on over to Tami's Amis and Small Things for some awesome WIP viewing!





10 comments:

  1. Also love my fairly new Knitter's Pride needles!! Don't want to use anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh yay the helix socks - they are so cute and the colour you've chosen is really great. have a knitty wednesday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you did well with your book purchases. How do those needles compare to Turbo's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are my first interchangeables. So far, I'm really enjoying them.

      Delete
  4. Such pretty new socks! I think that you might just be a fellow sock knitter ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Socks portability are greatly in their favor :)

      Delete
  5. cool socks! and i'm totally jealous of your yarn harlot book! i recently started reading all her old posts starting from the beginning. my next book buy will most certainly be one of hers! i can't wait till next week to see more, read more, show off a little... lol. peace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my you are so clever, I wouldn't think of contemplating
    socks or circular needles. I love the colours in the wool, can't wait to see how they turn out.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete