Friday, May 18, 2012

FO Friday #17 and Hexipuffs!


Months back, after reading many blogger’s posts totting hand spun/dyed yarn, I decided to give it a try (I know I’m behind times). Searching through Etsy, looking at all the wonderful dyers, got me thinking to what purpose I would use the yarn once I got it. Hexipuffs! And there were so many wonderful options for mini skeins.  

For my first Indie Dyer I went with Geek Chic Yarns. She is an excellent seller.


The Doctor Who theme is what hooked me. The yarn is very soft and defines the stitches beautifully. I was able to get 3 Hexipuffs out of one mini skein each.


I really enjoyed working with the hand spun/dyed yarn and have since the initial purchase of these, acquired more from different sources.

Hop on over to Tami's Amis for more FO viewing.

This is not a paid advertisement. I purchased this yarn and the review is of my own accord. Thank you.


8 comments:

  1. Lovely hexipuffs and lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love indie dyers and it is so wonderful to support them. I also love how this is going to add to the story of your hexipuff blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love indie dyers too! I've had really good luck having custom colourways done too! Love the idea of Dr. Who themed hexipuffs. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am delighted to be your first indie dyer! I'm glad that you enjoyed the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to do this post for a while but, I just got the last Hexipuff done last night.

      Delete
  5. Well, I wish I could get myself to spend money on indie dyer yarn, because it is so beautiful! I love your color choices and the hexipuffs you made from it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your colours for the hexipuffs :-)

    ReplyDelete