Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wednesday Blog Along #11

Wow! A lot has happened since I last posted for WIP Wednesday. I was gearing up for our local Spring Festival Art and Craft show when my upper back molar broke. Went in for a consultation to see what could be done for it, luckily it was a freak accident and the tooth was perfectly healthy. The dentist said he could fix it with a filling but, the day they could work me in was the day of the show. I was extremely bummed that I had to cancel doing the show but, relieved that the tooth could be fixed so easily.

I participated in the 3rd Annual Knit and Crochet Blog week 2012. It was lots of fun, I enjoyed reading everyone's post, and my contributions can be found here.

Now, for today's share.


I've already made one pair of the tutorial two at a time toe-up socks. Following the recommendations in Toe-Up 2 at Time Socks by Melissa Morgan-Oakes, I made the socks in two different colors. So, wanting matching pairs, I'm doing the tutorial again. Which is really good practice.

I've made some progress reading Ghost Story by Jim Butcher and A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. But, what little "free-time" I've had has found me in front of the TV numbly watching it. I don't know why, I've just not felt like reading, which is really unusual for me.

Hop on over to Tami's Amis and Small Things to view awesome WIP's in action.

13 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you had a seriously busy last couple of weeks! I'm loving the color contrast between the socks. Isn't two at a time, toe up the best method of knitting socks? I find it difficult to knit them any other way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this method. Only problem is that I'm dyslexic and I have found that I lose my place easier.

      Delete
  2. Bummer about the tooth problems will check out the link to Tamis and the knit crochet blog week... Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome. Tamis and Small things are great fiber craft blog alongs to follow.

      Delete
  3. Sorry bout the show, good news though on the tooth. Love the idea with adding the little counter to closed cable/stitch holder. I'm borrow that from you. I hate putting it on and off the needle. But, sometimes it's not convenient to have my table side counter going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny things is that the counter was one of those that hung from the hook. But, my cat shewed the end of it. So, I took the hanger out and attached it to my work with the stitch holder. Lol.

      Delete
  4. oooh cute socks, I love the pink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That DOES sound like good practice. Of course my 10 year old niece believes sock-matchiness is entirely optional and, truth be told, somewhat unimaginative. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Non-matching socks are great! But, when I'm done I'm donating these to my local charity and thought they would like matching ones :P

      Delete
  6. Thanks Kathleen, for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a bummer, but it is much better to have teeth! I started a tutorial pair ages ago, but I need to really pick up some socks from that book!

    ReplyDelete