Friday, May 11, 2012

FO Friday #16

They are finally done! I present two complete pairs of matching socks.

The red pair:


And the green pair:


As I've talked about in previous posts, these were worked using the tutorial in Toe Up 2 at Time Socks by Melissa Morgan-Oakes. I enjoyed making them and they worked up fairly quickly. They are child size, more into the toddler range and are like bedroom socks or boot socks. These I will be donating to our local United Way. I hope they find a good home.

Oh! Oh! Yesterday, I took the plunge and bought my first set of interchangeable needles. They're not fancy or top of the line, just something simple that I could afford. The longest cord goes up to 47" but I can buy longer ones at a later date to add on. I'm so excited! Wish they were here now. I'm really itching to get started on that Helix pattern. 

For some more awesome FO viewing hop on over to Tami's Amis. Happy Friday!

7 comments:

  1. I love your little booties and it's wonderful that you'll be donating them.

    I enjoy the note in the step-by-step instructions that basically say - yes this is crazy frustrating, but stick with it and soon everything will get easier. The first few rows of 2AAT make me want to throw it away, but I was very pleased at how smoothly things went after about 5-10 rows were on the needles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I am really enjoying this book. Not many authors make instructions so clear.

      Delete
  2. They look great, but I'm seeing orange and gray, not red and green? They look soft and comfy. Congrats on getting 2 pairs one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the lighting in my house sucks. I just bought a mini photo studio. Now I just got to take the time to learn how to use it :P The socks are very soft and squishy.

      Delete
  3. Wow! You have certainly been productive finishing two pairs of cute little socks! I'm sure that they will find very happy homes with some lucky children. Think you'll be up to trying some comfy socks for yourself some time soon? Also what brand of interchangeables did you end up ordering?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nice to make me my own socks, just don't know when that will every happen. Here is the link to the interchangeables I ordered http://tinyurl.com/6ljjne6 I shortened the link. It will take you to a page at Webs.

      Delete
  4. ooh cute socks, and so nice of you to give them to a good cause!!! enjoy your interchangeable needles - they are so much fun. have a great day xx

    ReplyDelete