Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wednesday Blog Along #22

Thank you for all the well wishes, July was certainly a bitch to our family and August is just flying by. Husband's grandmother is still in the hospital but, is showing some progress, my grandmother is recovering and giving her physical therapist heck, and my dad has healed from his run in with the chainsaw.

This week is the kids' last of Summer. YAY! They've been fighting non-stop these last few days and are driving me crazy. In my attempt to keep some of my sanity I've been knitting/crocheting and reading quite a bit. Though, there is not any noticeable change in Helix and the new design. I've about 4" more on Helix and about 10" more on the new design.

The motifs that I'm working on (Wednesday Blog Along #18 ) has had a set back. The blue yarn I had chosen were scraps out of my stash. It's label has been lost to time and I was hoping that I would be able to match it up at the store. NOPE! Not even close. Sorry Charlie. So, reluctantly I bought another blue that I felt went well with the brown and began ripping out all the previous blue.


This picture doesn't portray the color very well. It's has a nice sheen and is in the same tone as the previous blue, a few shades lighter. Cautioning on the side of just in case, I bought 2-1 pounders :)

I have been commissioned for a project that will be taking up a lot of my time. It's very intricate crochet lace and no sharing 'til I've completed. And I SO want to share, it is very beautiful. This project combines two of my loves; history and fiber arts.

Currently, I'm reading Caressed By Ice by Nalini Singh. I've enjoyed the other books in this series and this one is no exception. The Guardian  by Sherrilyn Kenyon was an excellent read and has been put on my keeper shelf with all of her other books. Tomorrow I'm getting my eager little hands on her new book Time Untime. I really can't express how much it means to me for a modern/main stream book to tell a story featuring Native Americans as the lead characters and for the story to be based on Native American mythos. This is something that is very near and dear to me.

We took the kids to a local zoo last week.


The goats are waiting for their turn for the kids to feed them. Aren't they so cute! Smelly. But, cute. And very impatient : p

Hop on over to Tami's Amis and Small Things for more awesome WIPs in action.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you've had quite a run of bad luck in the family! Stay sane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it has taken all my will power to do so!

      Delete
  2. You certainly have a bunch of exciting projects going on! I'm particularly intrigued by the secret commissioned project, keep us posted. Take care, you are super strong and can make it through this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm so excited to be working on it and just itching to share with our fiber community!

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry to hear that your summer has been difficult! We are homeschoolers so there's no "go back to school" break for us happening... I sure wish there were some years! Your crochet looks great... thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete