Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wednesday Blog Along #21

These last few weeks I've been churning away at the same two projects. The new design one has grown but, no noticeable change to warrant a picture.

The Helix socks, though, I am happy to say have made a lot of progress.
Camera died before I could take any better pics :)

I've managed to get the heels turned on both and work a couple rounds of the cuff. At that point, working continuously on them got a bit monotonous (I have large feet) and I had to put them down for now.

On the reading front, I've consumed books. Last Dragon StandingThe Dragon Who Loved Me, and Dragon on Top in the Supernatural anthology by G.A. Aiken were all great reads. I about inhaled them! And would read them all again. How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper was also a good read. Although, there was a lot of confusion with all the foreshadowing and scene changes with no breaks. At times the scene would change in the middle of a paragraph. The story, for me, was entertaining enough to work through these hiccups. I don't know if I would read it again, though. Currently, my reading has slowed. I'm still reading the Supernatural anthology but, the short I'm reading right now is not holding my attention.


July has been a very stressful month and am looking forward to what August will bring us

WARNING: the rest of this post is quite sad.

Let's see; at the beginning of the month my dad was clearing fallen trees from the derecho and sliced into his leg, down to the knee cap, with a chain saw. He had to get staples but, is okay. BTW, this isn't the first time he has tried cutting off a body part. About 10 years ago, with a circular saw he cut off one finger and another one was hanging just by skin. The doctors were able to save both fingers, thank God. I've told my mom that he is no longer to have sharp implements :)

Two weeks ago, my grandmother, had a massive heart attack. The bottom of her heart is dead. Good news is, she is now out of the hospital, recovering, and doing well. And my husband's grandmother was in a car accident and not doing so well. The doctors have told us that she is in God's hands, that they have done all they can to save her. Her injures and complications are too heartbreaking and too numerous to recount here.

And for a happier note join Small Things and Tami's Amis (at the time of this post she hadn't posted for WIP Wednesday, yet).

9 comments:

  1. ((hug)) i'm so sorry.

    those will be some lovely socks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. I hope everything takes a turn for the better. I hope your socks turn out extra nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly do have more than your share of things to deal with! Best wishes that everyone recovers and improves.

    Love the helix socks. I have huge feet too (US size 11.5) so I can totally relate to how long big socks take!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so, so sorry to hear about all of that. I really hope that everyone makes a full recovery. Hang in there and please take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all the well wishes, I have my fingers crossed that this month will be a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comments on Bridgit's Bell. I certainly empathize with your family health challenges. God bless!
    Karen at http://bridgitsbell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sorry to hear your bad news :( hope august is better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear that things have been so horrible will be thinking of you.
    Thanks for sharing your socks, I love the colors, I wouldn't know were to start with socks.

    Take care of you.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for your well wishes. They are greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete