Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Wednesday Blog Along #23

WOW!There has been so much going on that something had to give and I guess my blog was it. Daughter is taking extra dance lessons, Son is in Cub Scouts, and I've been in deadline hell. I'm happy to say that I sent everything off yesterday and it will make it well in advance of the deadline. Yay!



The Helix socks that I've been working on are now frogged. Again. I got one sock off the needles and wove in the ends but, after re-doing this pattern five times (yes, 5 times) including re-doing the gauge 3 times, the socks still did not come out right. They've caused me enough stress, I'm not trying them anymore.

Husband bought me an e-reader recently. I LOVE it! I've gotten more reading done these last two weeks than I have done in a long time. Stone Angel and Wilder by Christina Dodd are part of her Chosen Ones series and are excellent reads. And now I'm reading Pack Challenge: Magnus Pack Book 1 by Shelly Laurenston. The book is going well so far, this is the first that I've read any of this series. I have read her work before under the pseudonym G. A. Aiken and her Dragon Kin series, and I have really enjoyed them.

Oh, today Husband and I celebrate our 14th anniversary. To much going on for us to go out, so we're having a quite evening at home :)

Hop on over to Tami's Amis and Small Things to enjoy even more awesome WIPs in action!

10 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary. And sorry about the socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary. I got an eReader last Christmas and I love it too! It almost makes me sad when I get printed books - the eReader is just so much more portable !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I didn't think I would enjoy it this much but, I really do.

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary! I haven't ever read anything on an e-reader, but all of my friends who have them rave about them. Maybe sometime soon! (Actually, you can check them out from our library to try them and I might just do that!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. A family member recently got one and I fell in love with it.

      Delete
  4. Wow....you have been busy..try to make time to relax with your knitting...can't wait to see what you will doing next week..

    ~~Renee

    ReplyDelete