Wednesday, January 11, 2012

WIP Wednesday #7

Today, Son, had to go to the dentist and have three baby teeth pulled to make room for his permanents. He did really well and now is happily waiting for the tooth fairy to visit him.

My newest project on the needles




Daughter, has asked for a new hat. Hers has gotten a pit small. The pattern is out of Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts 2011. The headband of the hat is done in a nice lace pattern and then stitches are picked up along one side in the round to finish off the hat. This is 2.0. The yarn I was originally working with would not hold the pattern and started folding in on itself. So, ribbit. Plus, I've modified the band and took out the 6 row repeat. Oh, I don't know if it's my dyslexia acting up or not but, I found an error in the pattern. Where it calls for sl 1 pwise wyf on RS, what actually needs to be done is sl 1 pwise wyb on RS.

For Yarn Along, I'm continueing on my Sherrilyn Kenyon marathon and am now reading Seize the Night.


All of my books of hers are well read and are looking a bit rough for wear. A few I'm going to have to doctor up with some tape. Maybe, eventually, buy new ones to replace the ones (almost all) that are worn out and falling apart.

And a share, Monday, we not only got our first snow for 2012 but, for this winter!


I ran outside right when the snow started falling to take this picture. They were HUGE fat flakes. What little fell, melted about 2 hours later. This winter has been so unusual. By now we would've had about 6 feet of snow fall. But, I'm not complaining. It's a nice change to having to shovel our way out of the house. And I just know that by March we'll have reached well over the 6 feet mark.

Hop on over to Tami's Amis to see more fabulous WIP's in action. And Small Things Yarn Along for awesome stories.

2 comments:

  1. The hat is going to be so pretty. I love the color.
    We got a dusting of snow yesterday, our first of 2012. I'm really worrying about what February and March will bring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are also concerned about the snow. My mom said it smelled like November just yesterday, which she thinks means we have some big snow coming.

    ReplyDelete