Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wednesday Blog Along #16


Um...no your eyes are not deceiving you. Why, yes the Helix socks are smaller than last time. Ugh. Started working the chart (which was going great) when I decided to try them on (the benefit of toe-up) and discovered that I was making them way, way too large. So, ribbit, ribbit. Since re-casting on I've not worked on Helix much due to the recital over the weekend.

Daughter's recital went really well. Her dance troop performs the same show four times, including a dress rehearsal. The dress rehearsal was Friday night (and so was her end of school year dance. Yee-Haw), then two shows on Saturday, and one on Sunday plus a cast party. By Sunday evening she was dragging ass and so was I.

But, during all of this mayhem, I did get some knitting done.


Before the weekend, I had just started on the yellow section. All of the rest was done while setting in the auditorium during set up and practice. Yay! for knitting. Otherwise, I would of gone bat-shit crazy.

Much reading has not been done during all of this, so, still plugging away at Born of Silence by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Right now, I'm reading through the section of the hero being tortured and it's tuff to get through.

Oh! I entered the 500 miles in 2012 bike challenge at Fleetly.com in February and completed it yesterday. WHOO-HOO! I'm going to enter it again and see how many times I can complete this before the end of the year. I know, it's not like I don't have enough to do already.

Now, hop on over to Tami's Amis and Small Things to view more awesome WIP's in action.

10 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about the socks! I had to do a little frogging of my own yesterday, so I sympathize with you for sure. Also, congrats on completing the biking challenge, such an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Well, I'd rather have to rip out now and not when I've completed them. Good luck on yours!

      Delete
  2. Ha Ha I thought you were superwoman when I first read your post. I stupidly thought you'd done the bike challenge in one day, duh. Well done on completing it, not in one day of course. Sorry to hear the socks weren't right but maybe now your daughters completed her shows you can get back to knitting. Good luck.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHA! Well, my kids and husband think I'm superwoman for sure. But, no. I started out 5 miles a day and worked up to 10 miles. Thanks for the confidence boost though.

      Delete
  3. the socks are going to look great when they're done. We all have to frog from time to time. A bike challenge sounds like it requires way more energy than I'm feeling today. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm no stranger to frogging. I was just so excited to be finally working on them. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Sorry about the socks, but atleast you were able to try them on! I think they will be amazing when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I got to really work on my patience.

      Delete
  5. I'd get far less knitting done if I didn't have all of my kids' activities to sit through :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Knitting does save us during these long waits for kid activities, doesn't it?!! I don't know what I would do without my knitting! Sorry about your having to rip the socks back, but they do look nice :o)

    Thanks for the link to Fleetly - I joined a couple of the challenges - hopefully this will keep me motivated to keep moving!

    ReplyDelete