Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Knitter or Crochet for all Seasons 3KCBWDAY4




~As spring is in the air in the northern hemisphere and those in the southern hemisphere start setting their sights for the arrival of winter, a lot of crocheters and knitters find that their crafting changes along with their wardrobe. Have a look through your finished projects and explain the seasonality of your craft to your readers. Do you make warm woollens the whole year through in preparation for the colder months, or do you live somewhere that never feels the chill and so invest your time in beautiful homewares and delicate lace items. How does your local seasonal weather affect your craft?~

Looking through my FO’s reveals that I don’t stick to any real pattern when it comes to the seasons or anything else really. Mostly, though I do work on a lot of baby items. This is due to the fact that there are lots of babies being born in my circle of friends and family these last few years that needed cuties baby items. And, of course, I come across adorable patterns or design my own that I make extra to sale in my store, KnitPurlHooked.
Knit baby blanket and hat
 There is one seasonal item that I don’t like working on in the summer months and that is blankets. The only way I’ll work on one is if it is made in sections. Like a Granny Square blanket.
Celtic Crochet blanket that was worked in separate pieces then connected together.
Crochet Motif for a blanket I'm currently working on.
 And then, I don’t like putting it together until the weather cools down. It is not fun sweltering under masses of worsted yarn in the summer heat.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, I love the pattern for that last blanket you have been working on.

    ReplyDelete