Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday's Blog Along #3

A while back I bought George R. R. Martin's A Game Of Thrones from listening to all the hype about the TV show. Since then it has sat on my shelf amongst all my other TBR's. Yesterday, I took it down and started on it. So, far I'm enjoying the flow of the author's voice but, haven't made much progress into the story. I was distracted by all the "Mom, I need help with..." (feel in the blank) or "Wife, can you help me with..."(fell in the blank). And today doesn't promise to be any better. We are in a winter weather advisory. They are calling for the snow to start around 10 this morning. So, I'm expecting the school's to let the kids out early and I've a few things I want done before they arrive home.

Also, from the photo above you can see that I've not made much progress with the hat. Being distract as I was with another project. Man, these projects are popping up like weeds. I don't know if I'm going to share this latest endeavor. I haven't decided if I like it or not, it severs its purpose but, I'm not sure I like how it looks. After I finish this hat then it's on to Husband's hat #2. And Son has asked that I make him another hat also. I made him one a few years ago that he has out grown and that he really liked. He wants me to make him another one just like it. I even want a new hat (and mittens) but, that keeps getting pushed down the to - make list.

I have a pattern store over at Craftsy.com. My patterns are listed as KnitPurlHooked or can also be found as Sarahfay. I don't have much there as of yet. But, I've been inspired and have a few ideas rolling around and formulating in this noggin.

Hop on over to Tami's Amis and Small Things to check out awesome crafters in action.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I'm not a knitter but a crocheter. The book looks interesting. I'll have to check it out. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought
    http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2012/02/yarn-along.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the tv series of Game of Thrones on my DVR but haven't gotten around to it yet. Happy hat knitting, they are my favourite thing to make!

    ReplyDelete